Musical Keys is a Norwich-based charity providing critical services across Norfolk. There are 2 current media stories:
2. Musical Chairs – read on: (update on coverage achieved at the end…)
An innovative take on Musical Chairs…
Norfolk charity Musical Keys are previewing their innovative ‘Musical Chairs’ wheelchair band at the launch of their Friends of Musical Keys package at the Woolpack Yard pub in Norwich this Monday, the 13th April at 11am.
Using state-of-the-art electronic gadgetry, they will work with disabled people over the summer to create a truly unique sound from wheelchairs and other mobility aids such as crutches and walking sticks. Oliver Payne, Project Manager at Musical Keys, said “This kind of thing hasn’t been done before. We’re really excited at the prospect of developing an innovative approach which presents disabled people in an extremely positive light – and makes a lot of noise at the same time!”
This year, Musical Keys are celebrating their 25th anniversary, and are keen to ensure they are around for another 25 years to continue the work they do all over Norfolk with children and adults with special and/or additional needs. The Friends of Musical Keys is an opportunity for businesses and individuals to help support their work, and help them expand what they do.
“We work with a lot of families across the county, but we know there is a lot of un-met need which we want to be able to address – as well as developing new ideas like our Musical Chairs band”, said Ken Shelton, Chair of Trustees at Musical Keys. “We also recognise that there are great benefits for businesses and charities in working together to improve our local society, and we’ve got lots of ideas which we will be developing throughout our 25th birthday year so everyone can get involved with what we do” he added.
To find out more about the charity, go to www.musicalkeys.co.uk where you can find details on ways in which you can get involved.
*** ENDS ***
Contact for more information and to arrange interviews and photos:
Ken Shelton 07810 840329, email@example.com
Launch event details: 11am on Monday April 13th at the Woolpack Yard pub on Colegate, Norwich, NR3 1DJ.
Opportunity here to:
• See – and hear! – the prototype of our electronic musical wheelchair
• Talk to parents of users of our services
• Talk to staff and trustees about the work of Musical Keys
• Stills and moving picture opportunities
• Talk to businesses already helping Musical Keys
Notes for Editors
Musical Keys is a well established Norfolk charity celebrating their 25th anniversary this year. The charity works with people with special and additional needs across the county, running sessions from Yarmouth to King’s Lynn, from Cromer to Thetford. Find out more about Musical Keys here: www.musicalkeys.co.uk
Update: coverage achieved from this press release includes:
- Mustard TV: local Norwich station recorded an interview with Oliver from Musical Keys
- Radio Norfolk: local BBC radio station recorded an interview which went out on the Matthew Gudgeon show, just before the evening 6 o’clock news
- Norwich Evening News ran a whole page story and included a picture on the front page: